Our promise is to provide 100% direct aid with no funds being channeled through governmental agencies.
We estimate the collective needs over the next 3-4 years will exceed $3 million. These aggressive goals will require significant additional assistance. Special thanks to partners in this notable effort include charitable organizations Jumby Bay Fund, Mill Reef Fund and others. Our goals are below:
- Help rehab/rebuild the island’s medical clinic, known as the Hanna Thomas Hospital.
- Work with like-minded charitable funds to develop a new community of homes outside of Codrington that will have 30-40 newly built hurricane proof homes.
- Build an open air market in Codrington for the benefit of all the people of Barbuda.
- Create a museum for Barbuda and it’s history.
- Create a transformative societal change by drastically changing the curriculum in the nursery school and eventually the middle school as well.
- Secure electricity to all homes on the island, as currently it is estimated only 60% have working electricity.
- Make opportunistic micro loans to create new business ventures on Barbuda.
The fund has accomplished many large projects on the island, providing the necessary tools and materials while the Barbudan people have contributed the labor and the spirit that puts these tools and materials to work.
safe place for learning.
The William Cody Kelly Memorial Scholarship Fund
In 1998, a scholarship fund was created to help assist worthy Barbudan students with partial scholarships to colleges and universities around the world. It was set up in order to provide educational opportunities for young residents of Barbuda wishing to pursue education beyond the level of education offered on Antigua and Barbuda and who intend to return to Barbuda following completion of their studies to give something back to their community.
The Fund considers those candidates for assistance who have evidenced a serious interest in furthering their education and with a need for financial assistance. Individuals are expected to have a strong academic record with demonstrated qualities of leadership, perseverance, and initiative. Our funds are intended to supplement those scholarships awarded by the Barbuda Council.
Students are encouraged to return to Barbuda following the completion of their education in order to give back to their community.
Hurricane Irma Relief Efforts
In September of 2017 Hurricane Irma, a Category 5 hurricane, passed directly over the Barbuda, totally destroying the Island. The Coco Point Fund has made great strides in helping the people rebuild their lives but there is much work to be done.
SUPPORT US TODAY
Please help us build strong kids, strong families and a strong community for generations to come.